Sports Rehabilitation can help athletes maintain optimal levels of physicality and performance for continued excellence. The physical demand on an athlete’s body makes them more prone to injury in the sports they enjoy. Aquafit Physical Therapy utilizes the most current exercise equipment and treatment modalities to create individualized, research-based physical therapy programs. Some of the benefits patients can experience with our Sports Rehabilitation program include:
- Injury Prevention
- Treatment for Sports Injuries
- Sports Injury Evaluation
- Increased Strength and Conditioning
- Pain Relief
- Improved Athletic Output
Here are some of the therapeutic modalities offered at Aquafit Physical Therapy:
- Treadmill – Used forward, backward, and lateral with or without incline.
- Semi-Recumbent Elliptical – Un-weighted arm & leg strengthening.
- Cable Column – Resisted arm and leg strengthening.
- Upper Body Ergometer – Resisted arm strengthening.
Neuromuscular Facilitation (NMR)
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF) – Defined as a system for promoting the response of neuromuscular mechanisms by stimulating proprioceptors. This is used to enhance or facilitate a muscle contraction using verbal cueing and stretch techniques.
- Functional Electric Stimulation – Utilizing electrical stimulation to enhance or facilitate muscle contractions.
- Patellofemoral Taping – Rigid and flexible taping techniques utilized to re-educate muscles for proper knee cap tracking and pain reduction.
- Kinesiology Tape – Elastic tape used to improve blood flow and relieve swelling
- Parallel Bars, Training Steps, Cones, Treadmill – Equipment to enhance walking and balance skills.
- PresSion – Sequential compression unit used to reduce swelling in the legs.
- Soft Tissue Massage – Facilitates swelling reduction with manual compression.
- GameReady – Uses a combination of ice, heat, and compression to improve blood flow and reduce swelling
- Electrical Stimulation – Uses electrical impulses to affect nerve conduction and reduce pain.
- Iontophoresis – Electrical stimulation that delivers medication to damaged tissues.
- Ultrasound Therapy – Uses thermal and non-thermal effects to treat joints and muscles.
- Phonophoresis – Ultrasound treatment used to deliver medication to tissues.
If you are an athlete looking to recover from a sports injury or improve your overall athletic performance, be sure to contact Aquafit Physical Therapy today!