In providing physical therapy services, the physical therapist is accountable first and foremost to the individual receiving physical therapy. The physical therapist is also accountable for abiding by professional standards and ethics and the laws governing the practice of physical therapy in the state of Maryland.
The physical therapist shall ensure services regardless of race, creed, color, gender, age, national or ethnic origins, sexual orientation, disability, or health status. The physical therapist respects the rights of individuals referred or admitted to the physical therapy service. The individual referred to physical therapy services has rights which include but are not limited to:
- Selection of a physical therapist of one’s own choosing to the extent that it is reasonable and possible.
- Access to information regarding practice policies and charges for services.
- Knowledge of the identity of the physical therapist and other personnel providing or participating in the program of care.
- Involvement in the development of anticipated goals and expected outcomes, and the selection of interventions.
- Knowledge of any substantial risks of the recommended examination and intervention.
- Participation in decisions involving the physical therapy plan of care to the extent reasonable and possible.
- Access to information concerning his or her condition.
- Expectation that any discussion or consultation involving the case will be conducted discreetly and that all communications and other records pertaining to the care, including the sources of payment for treatment, will be treated as confidential.
- Expectation of safety in the provision of services and safety in regard to the equipment and physical environment.
- Timely information about impending discharge and continuing care requirements.
- Refusal of physical therapy services.
Download the Patient Bill of Rights
Please follow the link below to download the Aquafit Physical Therapy Patient Bill of Rights. Complete the form and bring it with you to your first visit with us.
Our Patient Bill of Rights is a PDF form. To download and/or print the form, you’ll need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader program.