Have you experienced aquatic exercises before? It is a low-impact activity that takes place in the water and can strengthen your muscles and provide many health benefits. This is a great physical activity for both those that love water or those that don’t know how to swim and elderlies as well. It can be done on your own or as a form of physical therapy. If you are looking for physical therapy in Bowie MD, then AquaFit PT is here to provide you with all the services you need!
Aquatic exercises can be beneficial for those who experienced or are impacted by but are not limited to:
- Chronic pain
- Back/ joint pain
- Sports injury
- Heart disease
Benefits Of Aquatic Exercises
- Great for all ages
- Warm water relaxes and soothes the muscles
- No previous experience in fitness needed
- Relieves stress
- Water provides resistance to build and strengthen muscles
- No other equipment is needed
Lower Body Aquatic Exercises
- Knee kick – Start with placing your feet shoulder-width apart. Gently bring one knee up to your chest, not too high up and straighten it forward and bend your knee. Lastly, bring your foot back down to the floor. Do this for both legs and you can do it with repetitions and sets that you’re instructed to do or comfortable with.
- Heel Lifts – Stand close to the walls of the pool and place your hands on the edge of the pool to keep yourself balanced. Stand straight and raise yourself onto your toes and then slowly lower your heels back down.
- Hip abduction – Stand facing the walls of the pool and place your hands on the edge of the pool to keep yourself balanced. Lift a leg up to the side as high as you can and then bring it back down. Repeat on your other leg.
- Hamstring curls – Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Hold onto the edge of the pool to keep your balance. Lift your leg to your butt while keeping your legs parallel and then bring it back down. Repeat on both legs.
Contact Aquafit Physical Therapy in Bowie MD
If you find it difficult to start, AquaFit PT is here to help you. We provide physical therapy in Bowie MD and will be more than happy to help. Reach out to us at AquaFit PT to get the best treatment today!