Many people deal with knee pain every day. The best type of treatment for you may vary from individual to individual and case by case. While experiencing a knee injury is quite common, our team at Aqua Fit PT urges you to seek attention if the pain becomes unbearable. If you are looking for physical therapy in crofton md, contact the team here at Aqua Fit PT. Continue reading to learn how we can help and what we can offer you for your knee pain today!
How Severe Is The Knee Pain?
To decide whether you should schedule a visit to your physician or if it is best for you to stay in, rest, and heal, you should first determine the severity of the knee pain. Below, we list a few symptoms you may want to watch out for after experiencing a knee injury.
- Significant swelling
- Tenderness and warmth around the joint
- Significant pain
- Popping noise in the knee when active
- Inability to hold weight or stand on one leg
Our team at Aqua Fit PT offers physical therapy in crofton md. We urge you to seek attention if you feel that your knee’s condition is worsening or that it is prohibiting you from engaging in your daily activities.
How To Treat Knee Injuries
Minor knee pain could mean that a visit to the physician is not necessary at the time. However, it is still important to rest your knee and its accompanying activities. It is a good idea to incorporate the RICE method:
- Rest– make sure to reduce the usage of your knee so that your body has the time it needs to heal
- Ice– icing the affected area could reduce swelling and pain
- Compression– of the affected area reduces swelling and inflammation, helping your injury heal faster
- Elevate– elevating the injury reduces blood flow to the injured area and reduces swelling
Contact Our Team At Aqua Fit Physical Therapy in Crofton Md
If you’re struggling with knee pain, you don’t have to fight through the pain alone. At Aqua Fit PT, our team of professionals offers physical therapy in crofton md. Start your journey to recovery today by contacting our website and scheduling your appointment today.