Sports injuries can happen often and be devastating mentally and physically. Fortunately, physical therapy can help! Physical therapy plays an important role in recovery, helping you regain strength, mobility, and confidence. Receiving the right physical therapy can be beneficial, allowing you to have proper rehabilitation, recover faster, prevent worse injuries, and have proper education on self-care. Aquafit PT takes pride in our service physical therapy in Annapolis MD. If you are experiencing sports injuries, call us and request an appointment now!
What Are Considered Sports Injuries?
Most sports injuries can affect your Achilles tendon, ankles, elbows, head, knees, and shoulders. Some of the common injuries are:
- Broken bone or fracture
- Dislocation: a bone moves out of its normal position in a joint
- Tendinitis occurs when the tissues that connect muscles to bones (tendons) become swollen and inflamed
- Sprains happen when a ligament that connects bones and stabilizes joints stretches too much or tears.
- Strains occur due to the overextension of a muscle and cause it to stretch or tear.
- Concussions are brain injuries caused by a bump or blow to your head.
Various reasons cause sports injuries. However, people who possess these traits are more vulnerable to injuries:
- Are out of shape.
- Don’t wear proper athletic apparel.
- Engage in physical activity without a proper warm-up and cool-down routine.
- Engage in contact sports that involve tackling or collisions.
Treatment At Physical Therapy in Annapolis MD
Physical therapy helps you rebuild strength and movement through exercises, stretches, and other special techniques. Furthermore, physical therapy works to help you manage pain and prevent future injuries. Sports rehabilitation can help athletes maintain optimal levels of physicality and performance for continued excellence. At Aquafit PT, we provide excellent therapeutic services:
- Therapeutic Exercise
- Neuromuscular Facilitation (NMR), including PNF, Functional Electric Stimulation, Patellofemoral Taping, and Kinesiology Tape.
- Gait Training uses equipment to enhance walking and balance skills.
- Compression Therapies manage swellings.
Aquafit Physical Therapy in Annapolis MD
Getting injuries will affect your performance greatly as an athlete. If an injury is not addressed properly and timely, it may develop into permanent muscle damage and health complications. If you are experiencing sports injuries and looking for physical therapy in Annapolis MD, don’t hesitate to contact us today and request an appointment!