At Aquafit Physical Therapy, physical therapy in Severn MD, we offer various types of therapy for all areas of the body. One of the main remedies we offer for specific things like knee injuries would be our use of orthotics.
What Causes Knee Pain?
Knee pain can be caused by injuries, specific medical conditions like arthritis, and other mechanical problems.
Specific Types of Knee Injuries
Some types of knee injuries include but are not limited to:
- ACL Injury – A tear in one of the four ligaments that connect the shin to the thigh. This is common in young athletes, specifically basketball and soccer.
- Fracture – The bone in the kneecap or the “patella” can be broken from falls or other related injuries.
- Torn Meniscus – The meniscus is the cartilage that acts as an absorber between your shin and thigh. Bearing weight on it or suddenly jolting this can cause torn meniscus.
- Knee Bursitis – Inflammation of the Bursae is the small sacs of fluid that separate the tendons and ligaments.
How To Prevent Knee Injury
Knee injuries are most prominent and consistent with people who are overweight. Excess weight constantly being added to the knees can be very damaging in the long run. Keeping weight off, exercising, and eating right are the underlining techniques to keeping your knees in check. However, if your knee condition requires a much more specific treatment, here at our physical therapy in Severn MD, we’ve got you covered!
Orthotics For Knee Pain – Physical Therapy in Severn MD
Orthotics are cushions that people put in their shoes to alleviate discomfort. While orthotics are not usually associated with knee issues, they provide a link between the foot and the knee, which can have tremendous benefits. Everything about your feet, the way you walk, your foot’s positioning, how much pressure you put on them all fundamentally affects your knees. At our physical therapy in Severn MD, we supply the best orthotics for our patients struggling with these issues, and the results speak for themselves.
Our orthotics supply the patient with:
- Superior comfort
- Improved balance
- Shock Absorption
- Improved athletic performance
Contact Aquafit Physical Therapy in Severn MD
If you or someone you know is struggling with knee pain or any other foot or leg-related injuries, please visit our website at AquaFit PT or call to schedule an appointment at 410 672 6077. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help!