Have you ever needed Joint Replacement surgery? If you have, you’re aware of how difficult the recovery truly is. For months after surgery, there is much pain to work through in therapy. If you have recently undergone joint replacement surgery and require physical therapy in Bowie, MD, contact Aquafit PT today and schedule an appointment!
What is Joint Replacement Surgery?
If you are suffering from pain because of a past injury, then you may need to look into surgery. Joint Replacement surgery cannot revive your body parts to their younger self, but it can take away the pain that is interfering with your daily life. Joint replacement surgery is usually on the knee or hip. This surgery will limit your mobility and cause you to seek physical therapy afterward to get you back to the healthiest state. If you are looking for physical therapy in Bowie, MD, Aquafit PT can give you the treatment you need!
Risk & Benefits of Joint Replacement Surgery
There are benefits to getting joint replacement surgery, however, it’s crucial to be aware of the possible risks.
- Pain Relief- During the surgery, the surgeon replaces the damaged parts of the joint with either plastic or metal implants. This will get rid of the disease cartilage and bones that are causing discomfort.
- Improved Mobility– After a new knee or hip is restored to the body, it will command the individual to walk and move more freely.
- Surgery Dangers– Your body has to protect you from germs when undergoing surgery. Infection or blood clots are possible complications.
- Maintain Therapy– If you are not actively working to regain mobility, you may deal with feeling weak and stiff.
- Wear Out Overtime– Joint replacements can wear out after about 20 years, leading to another surgery.
AquaFit Physical Therapy in Bowie MD For Recovery
Aquatic therapy takes place in our 92-94 degree pools. This works by taking the specialized training of our physical therapists and using the therapeutic water in our pools to help improve function and mobility. The warm water relaxes sore muscles and allows less weight to be forced onto the joints. It then allows enhanced joint range of motion and lets the joints float in the water to make it overall less painful. Exercising in water strengthens the weakened muscles as it is better for resistance, and the pressures from the water help decrease swelling in the joints and promote circulation.
These aquatic exercises work to prepare the patients for on-land therapy. Our relaxing pools will ensure the patient’s tolerance to more strenuous activities and provide overall function.
Contact AquaFit Physical Therapy in Bowie MD!
Joint Replacement surgery recovery can be a long process, but you shouldn’t have to do it alone. Addressing this as soon as possible is very important and will prevent you from dealing with pain so you can live your life to the fullest. If you are looking for physical therapy in Bowie, MD, contact Aquafit PT today and start your recovery!